Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Strong enough

A lot of people keep telling my how strong I am.

Where does my strength come from? My strength comes from my Lord.

The reason we named our daughter Hope is because of that blessed hope we have in our Lord - "Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Savior Jesus Christ." Titus 2:13. Not only can we look forward to the glorious appearing of our Lord, but we can also look forward to seeing our Hope again. That is where my strength comes from. My strength comes from God.


For those of you going through any kind of struggle or trial, prayer and Bible reading are the best way to give you encouragement and strength. I continue to rely on God's strength to get through each day. I know He is with me. My prayer is that I will draw closer to God through this time.


  • Psalm 2:4 "I cried unto the Lord with my voice, and he heard me out of his holy hill. Selah." 
  • Isaiah 41:10  "Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness." 
  • Psalm 27:14 "Wait on the Lord: be of good courage, and he shall strengthen thine heart: wait, I say, on the Lord."
  • Psalm 16:8 "I have set the Lord always before me: because he is at my right hand, I shall not be moved."
  • Psalm 55:22 "Cast thy burden upon the Lord, and he shall sustain thee: he shall never suffer the righteous to be moved."
  • Isaiah 26:3 "Thou (God) wilt keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on thee: because he trusted in Thee."



What encouragement to know that God hears our prayers. I especially love the verse that says to cast all of our burdens on the Lord and He will sustain us. God will carry me through. What encouragement to know that God will give me strength to get through each day.


I Thessalonians 4:13-18 "But I would not have you to be ignorant, brethen, concerning them which are asleep, that ye sorrow not, even as others which have no hope. For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so them also which sleep in Jesus will God bring with him. For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we which are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord shall not prevent them which are asleep. For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first: then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air; and so shall we ever be with the Lord. Wherefore comfort one another with these words." 


This does not mean that, as Christians, we should not grieve over lost loved ones. It is okay to grieve, it is normal to grieve. Those that do not grieve usually end up being very bitter. The verse says that we don't have to sorrow AS OTHERS that have no hope. I grieve for myself because I miss Hope. But it is a comfort to know that she is waiting for me in Heaven. Those that have not yet put their trust in Jesus Christ as their Savior do not have the hope of seeing their loved ones again. I could not imagine going through this not knowing whether I would ever see Hope again.

Here's another song that I really like. It's called Strong Enough by Matthew West. We do not have to be strong enough to get through the trials of this life. As Philippians 4:13 says, "I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me." I've edited the song to make it shorter.

You must think I'm strong
To give me what I'm going through
Well, forgive me if I'm wrong
But this looks like more than I can do
On my own

I know I'm not strong enough to be 
Everything that I'm supposed to be
I give up
I'm not strong enough
Hands of mercy won't you cover me
Lord right now I'm asking you to be
Strong enough
For the both of us

Well, maybe that's the point
To reach the point of giving up
Cause when I'm finally at rock bottom
Well, that's when I start looking up
And reaching out

I know I'm not strong enough to be 
Everything that I'm supposed to be
I give up
I'm not strong enough
Hands of mercy won't you cover me
Lord right now I'm asking you to be
Strong enough

Cause I'm broken down to nothing
But I'm still holding on to the one thing
You are God and you are strong
When I am weak

I can do all things
Through Christ who gives me strength
And I don't have to be 
Strong enough

When I am weak, He is strong. 


If you have not accepting Christ as your Savior, and do not have that "blessed hope," but want to; please, please, please get in touch with me. I would love to share with you how you can know for sure that you are going to Heaven one day. 

1 comment:

  1. Awesome post! My pastor just recently taught about God's testing. She said when God lets troubles come to His people, it is usually seen as a test of our faith. We have to trust in God to see us through. This thinking is correct, however there is another way to see it. God already knows how much we can bear. He doesn't let anything happen to us that He cannot get us through. So He is accually trusting US to press through as a testimony to others. He knows we can do it, for in Christ we *ARE* overcomers!

    ReplyDelete