Saturday, December 24, 2011

Changed forever

I have so many things I want to say right now. So many things I want to share. I'm having trouble putting it all into words. If you know me, you know I am very random. I do not stay on one train of thought for very long, and there are usually no transitions from one thought to the next. I just jump from one thing to the next, which usually leaves people very confused as to what I'm talking about. This post might be a little like that. 

Today I was thinking that I really wanted to have a picture of Hope to carry around with me. I want to feel her near. I want to be able to look at her beautiful face. The Lord knew. My photo necklace I posted about earlier came in today. My friend did a wonderful job designing my necklace. I love it.

Along with the necklace, she sent me a sweet little note. In it, she said, "Hope will forever be near you and will forever live in the hearts of those who loved her." I was reminded that I wasn't the only one that lost her. I'm not the only one that misses her. We all lost her. She is loved and missed by many. And even though she was only with us for a short time, she impacted all of our lives in a big way. I like to share Hope's story. It is good to know that in her very short life, she has and will impact many lives. A very dear friend sent me this picture this morning. Our lives are forever changed because of my sweet baby Hope. 


I keep thinking back to when I was working. The girls just loved to watch as my belly got bigger and bigger. Stella loved to tell everyone about my growing belly. The last couple of months, I couldn't get out the door without both of the girls giving the baby a kiss. Little Stella would tell me all the time, "I love your baby." I know she did. We all did. 

I know I shared this picture yesterday, but I want to share it again. Isn't she beautiful? 
A good friend told me today that she looks happy in this picture. God is so good. I needed to be reminded. I sometimes forget in my grief that she is so very happy right now. Even though I miss her so much, she is happier than she would ever be here with us and with the only person that loves her more than I do. 

Thank you for reading Hope's story. Thank you to everyone that has shared with me how much Hope has meant to you and that you love and miss her too. My baby girl is so loved! 

2 comments:

  1. Blessings to you and your dear family.
    You have become members of an exclusive club. One that NO ONE wants to become members of. We to have that membership and have been members for 9 years.
    We joined September 6th 2002.
    Does it get easier? Yes it does.
    I still tell people that we have 7 children. Justin was our 6th and he died at birth. We found out that Justin had some difficulties at 5 months and would not live for more than a few months at best.
    The L-rd saw fit to take him before he EVER breathed even one breath of this sinful earths air. He stepped from the womb into the arms of our Saviour.
    I pray that as you walk THROUGH this valley and shadow of death, that you will fear NO evil. The L-rd will lead you and has promised to be with you forever.
    Trust Him. Lean on HIM. RUN to HIM.
    He will wrap HIS loving arms around you and keep you safe.
    You are in my prayers.
    I have a song that we had sung at Justin's funeral that was a blessing to our family.
    May you find room in your heart for it.

    James Davis (Candace Shakour's Father).

    "When Answers aren't enough, There is Jesus"

    You have faced the mountains of desperation
    You have climbed, you have fought, you have won
    But this valley that lies coldly before you
    Casts a shadow you cannot overcome

    Verse:
    And just when you thought you had it all together
    You knew every verse to get you through
    But this time the sorrow broke more than just your heart
    And reciting all those verses just won't do

    Chorus:
    When answers aren't enough, there is Jesus
    He is more than just an answer to your prayer
    And your heart will find a safe and peaceful refuge
    When answers aren't enough, He is there

    Verse:
    Instead of asking why did it happen
    Think of where it can lead you from here
    And as your pain is slowly easing, you can find a greater reason
    To live your life triumphant through the tears

    Chorus:
    When answers aren't enough, there's still Jesus
    He is more than just an answer to your prayer
    And your heart will find a safe and peaceful refuge
    When answers aren't enough, He is there
    When answers aren't enough, He's still there

    ReplyDelete
  2. James, thank you for sharing your story with me. The song is beautiful. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete