Thursday, December 8, 2011

Ramblings

It has been three weeks since Hope was stillborn and I still miss her terribly. I feel the need to write, but I don't know what to say. I hope you don't mind if I ramble.

We've made it through Thanksgiving. Nathan's parents had to go back home, but both of my parents were able to be here for Thanksgiving. It was so good to have them both here with us. They continued to be a good distraction for me, and the day was not as bad as I thought it would be. We do still have so many things to be thankful for this year.

My mom was able to stay for two weeks, in which time we did a lot of shopping and watched a lot of movies. She's gone home now and Nathan started his new job this week. No more distractions. It's time for me to come back to the real world. But I'm not ready. I'm supposed to be busy feeding, changing diapers, and playing with my daughter; not trying to distract myself by coming up with new business ventures. I had dropped Mom off at the airport VERY early Tuesday morning and with her gone the realization of what I had lost hit me all over again. I barely made it home before I completely lost it. Nathan hadn't gotten up for work yet, so I crawled back into bed and cried. There was no more pretending, no more denial. It was like my heart broke all over again. Nathan just held me as I continued to cry. It was actually supposed to be his first day of work, but his boss was gracious enough to let him stay home an extra day to be with me. I miss Hope so much. Does it ever get easier?

Everyone has been so thoughtful and generous through this very rough time. We continue to get cards in the mail almost everyday and I'm still wading through the many Facebook messages I've gotten since we found out. Friends and people I don't even know continue to send me messages letting me know that they are still praying for me even after 3 weeks. I am amazed by all of the love we've been shown. For those of you that have sent us cards and messages, thank you so much for the encouraging words and for reminding us that we are not alone. I knew that miscarriages and stillbirths were more common than most people think, but I was surprised and saddened by how many of our friends have gone through what we are going through right now. I hope that in some way this blog might be an encouragement to those that have gone through such a horrible trial already and for those that will unfortunately go through this in the future. I am always open to talk if you need someone to talk to that understands at least in some way what you're going through.

There is something else that I'd like to accomplish through this blog. I'd like to tell everyone about the wonderful God I serve. John 3:16 say that God loves us so much that He sent his only son to die for us so that whoever believes in him would have eternal life. We are all sinners and in need of God's salvation. Without it, we are destined for Hell. But Jesus came to earth, lived a sinless life, and died for our sins so that we wouldn't have to. Then three days later, He rose from dead and now sits at the right hand of God. All you have to do to have eternal life is to believe in Jesus Christ as your Savior. I'd love to tell you more of what God has done in my life. If you have any questions, please contact me. I'd love to talk to you more about my wonderful Savior.

"Now the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, that ye may abound in hope, through the power of the Holy Ghost." 
Romans 15:13
"Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Savior Jesus Christ;" Titus 2:13

God is coming back one day. Are you going to be ready? 

No comments:

Post a Comment