Sunday, March 4, 2012

Count your blessings.

I really do have so much to be thankful for. Every day I remind myself of my blessings.

Unfortunately, the loss of my daughter seems to outweigh them all right now. But God didn't tell us to be thankful only when things were good. He told us to give thanks in everything. And why should we not continue to be thankful through the hard times? Christ DIED for us, we can always be thankful for that.

So today, I'm going to share with you just some of the things that I am thankful for.
  • First and foremost, I'm thankful for God's love and the sacrifice He made for me so that I could spend an eternity in Heaven. I'm thankful that He cares about me and He knows and understand my pain. I'm thankful for the strength that He gives me to get through each day. 
  • I'm thankful for my WONDERFUL husband who has stood by me this whole time. I'm thankful for a husband who works hard, makes me laugh, and leads by a godly example. I'm thankful for a husband who takes good care of me. I'm thankful for Nathaniel Dale Lewis! 


  • I'm thankful for my family (in-laws INCLUDED), who have stood by us and helped us in so many ways. Not just since Hope's death. Our families have always been there for us: helping us and encouraging us. 



  • I am thankful for my friends - old and new. I'm thankful for my 2 bestest friends. My friends who just listen to my when I cry and on occasion cry with me. My friends who make me laugh when I feel like I have nothing to even smile about. I'm thankful for the friends who have recently reached out to me. Those friends who have taken the time to tell me they have not forgotten me and they have not forgotten Hope. The friends who have continued to pray for me. I'm thankful for those whom I have never met before, who have also reached out to me and encouraged me. I'm thankful for my new angel mommy friends. They remind me that I'm not alone. They understand me and understand what I'm going through like no one else can. 

  • I am thankful for God's provision. 
  • This may sound funny, but I'm thankful for my hobbies/businesses. They keep me busy and my mind occupied. 
  • And I am thankful for my daughter and the 9 months that God allowed me to carry her. 
I could name so many other blessings right that God has blessed me with, but I think I covered most of the big ones. 
God has blessed you in many ways as well. Don't forget to be thankful. 

I Thessalonians 5:18a "In everything give thanks..." 

No comments:

Post a Comment